Tuesday, September 8, 2015

September Haul: Sephora, LUSH, MAC Electric Cool, Haute Dogs Collection and Swatches



I took part in a bit of retail therapy this past weekend as a sort of early birthday present to myself. My journey began with looking for a long-wear liquid eyeliner and then ended up indulging in some not-much needed purchases. Let's start with MAC's Haute Dog collection, shall we? I picked up the Rare Breed Mineralize lipstick after seeing swatches on Temptalia.com
Rare Breed Mineralize lipstick packaging $26 CDN/$16.20 (with the MAC Pro discount) 
Rare Breed Mineralize lipstick packaging
Rare Breed Mineralize lipstick (Peachy Nude)
Rare Breed Mineralize lipstick Swatch
The lipstick is very moisturizing but it is so close to the colour of my lips that it just ends up looking like a clear gloss after application.

LUSH
Then I purchased a dupe to bumble and bumble's Beach Waves from LUSH. I buy this version when I'm on a budget. It doesn't create as defined waves, but it does a pretty good job and as a bonus, it is scented with Neroli oil which is my absolute favourite citrus fragrance. The 100mL bottle lasts about 2 months with almost daily use.
LUSH Sea Spray $12.95CDN ~ 100mL

Sephora

The next item is this new Sephora liquid liner. I have been using for a replacement to Kat Von D's tattoo  liner simply because it irritates my eyes, This one however has a felt tip as opposed to KVD's brush tip. I'm still not sold, It's a bit finicky to work with, you have to wait for it to dry on the lashline or else it transfers to the top lid. YACK!
Sephora Cosmetics Waterproof Felt Liner in Black Dress $15 CDN

Also, Sephora has changed their bags, I think this design is alot more sleek-looking. What do you think?

New! Sephora Purchase bags!


MAC Electric Cool Eyeshadow Collection

MAC Electric Cool Eyeshadows in Photosphere and Brilliant Lit $26 CDN/$15.60 (pro discount)

MAC Electric Cool Eyeshadow in Photosphere (champagne colour)

MAC Electric Cool Eyeshadow in Brilliant Lit (chartreuse colour)

MAC Electric Cool Eyeshadows in Photosphere and Brilliant Lit Swatches



That's all folks. Did you end up picking up anything from these collections?

No comments:

Post a Comment